The LMG342X-BB-EVM is an easy to use breakout board to configure any LMG342xR0x0 half bridge boards, such as the LMG3422EVM-043, as a synchronous buck converter. By providing a power stage, bias power and logic circuitry this EVM allows for quick measurements of the GaN device switching. This EVM is capable of delivering up to 12 A of output current with adequate thermal management (forced air, low frequency operation, etc) to insure the maximum operating temperature is not exceeded. This EVM is not suitable for transient measurements since it is an open loop board.
Only a single pulse width modulated input is required, with complementary pulse width modulated signals and corresponding dead time generated on board. Probe points are provided to allow for key logic and power stage waveforms to be measured with oscilloscope probes that have short ground springs.
- Input voltage operates up to 600 V
- Simple open loop design to evaluate performance of LMG342XR0XX
- Single/Dual PWM input on board for PWM signal with variable dead time
- Latched over current protection function
- Convenient probe points for logic and power stage measurements with oscilloscope probes that have short ground spring probes