This automotive radar reference design is a cascaded 76-GHz to 81-GHz radar sensor module. This includesa two-device cascaded array of AWR2243 devices and an AM2732R radar processor. In this cascaded radar configuration, a primary device distributes a 20-GHz local-oscillator (LO) signal to both the primary and secondary devices, allowing these two devices to operate as a single radio frequency (RF) transceiver. This enables support for up to 6 transmit (TX) and 8 receive (RX) antenna elements, giving a total number of 48 virtual channels in the multiple-input multiple output (MIMO) virtual array.
- Imaging radar
- Longer-range TX beamforming and beamsteering
- High angular resolution MIMO radar
- Power supply optimized for small size and high efficiency
- Wide VIN 36-V OFF battery supply tolerates up to 42 V
- Diagnostic and monitoring functions for ASIL B