This reference design demonstrates the use of the AWR6843 60GHz single-chip mmWave sensor with integrated DSP, as a Vehicle Occupant Detection (VOD) and Child Presence Detection (CPD) Sensor enabling the detection of life forms in a vehicle. This design provides a reference software processing chain which runs on the C674x DSP, enabling the generation of a heat map to detect occupants in a Field of View (FOV) of ±60 degrees.
Watch Vehicle Occupant Detection using mmWave Sensors Video.
Reference software processing chain to detect the occupants inside a car using radar.
- Demonstration of mmWave sensor technology for robust detection of occupants (adults, children, pets) in a vehicle
- Generate presence heat map with FOV of ±60 degrees
- Source code for processing and detection based on mmWave software development kit (SDK)
- Based on proven EVM hardware designs, enabling quick time to market and out-of-the-box demonstration
- Radar front-end and detection configuration fully explained