The Safety MCUs platform consists of two ARM Cortex-R-based microcontroller families: TMS570 and RM. Designed specifically for IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 safety critical applications, the Safety MCUs platform provides advanced integrated safety features while delivering scalable performance, connectivity, and memory options.
Additional Cortex-R4 Features Include:
- Additional Cortex-R Features Include
- Lock-Step CPUs with fail safe detection logic
- From 256KB up to 3 MB of Embedded Flash Memory with ECC
- Available Dual 12-bit ADCs with up to 16 shared channels
- Integrated Memory Protection Unit with up to 12 regions
- Timer Co-Processer for PWM and input capture
- Package options: 100 QFP, 144 QFP and 337 BGA
Cortex-R Software Support
The ARM Cortex-R Safety MCU Software Suite is designed to simplify and speed the development of ARM Cortex-R-based microcontroller applications.
Cortex-R Targeted Applications
Cortex-R Safety Microcontrollers are suitable for industrial, medical, transportation, automotive, aeronautical, and aviation applications, as well as a variety of other applications to manage hazardous failures. By including safety-certified-ready components, TI makes it easy for customers to get to market quickly with their safety-critical systems requiring compliance with standards such as ISO 26262, IEC 60730, and IEC 61508.