Hercules™ Arm® Cortex®-R MCUs for functional safety
Simplify system safety certification with TÜV SÜD certified IEC61508 SIL3 and ISO26262 ASIL D microcontrollers for automotive and industrial applications.
- IEC 61508 SIL 3 certified by TÜV SÜD
- Up to 330 MHz
- Industrial automation and control applications
- 105C ambient temperature
- Ethernet, USB, CAN, timers, ADCs and more
Hercules product portfolio
Automotive grade (-40 to 125 degrees C)
|LS02, LS03, LS04||LS07, LS09||LS11, LS12||LS21, LS31||LC43|
Industrial grade (-40 to 105 degrees C)
|PZ, 100 QFP, 16mm x16mm|
|PGE, 144 QFP, 22mm x22mm|
|ZWT, 337 BGA, 16mm x16mm|
|Memory||128-384kB||768kB – 1MB||1-1.2MB||2-3MB||4MB|
Simplify system certification
Hercules certified MCUs along with associated SafeTI™ documentation, tools and software, help ease system-level certification efforts.
Hercules MCU’s provide on-chip diagnostics coverage required by safety standards while enabling a smaller software footprint in a hardware optimized solution which reduces safety system complexity.
- LockStep CPUs -- 1oo1D safety concept
- CPU Built-In Self-Test (BIST) controller
- ECC on FLASH and RAM
- ECC calculation in CPU checks the interconnect
- Memory BIST on CPU and peripheral RAMs
- Clock and voltage monitoring
- Error signaling module with error pin
High performance Arm Cortex-R-based MCUs from 80 Mhz up to 330 MHz with intelligent peripherals to offload the CPU.
- Up to 330 Mhz Arm Cortex R CPU with IEEE 754 compliant vector floating point unit supporting single and double precision
- 16 channel DMA with 32 control packets
- Up to two High-End Timer (HET) Coprocessors with dedicated DMA
- Dedicated FlexRay DMA for high bandwidth communication
- Multi-buffered ADC
- Multi-buffered SPI