- High Temperature Touch Through Glass Design Guide
(PDF 2090 KB)
07 Mar 2016 112 views
Human Machine Interface (HMI) is an essential part of process plants since it is one of the major ways through which humans and machines interact. The TIDA-00464 reference design offers an HMI solution for harsh and hazardous area applications. In process plants, operators need to interact with an explosion-proof display/controller which is encapsulated in a screw-on metallic enclosure with a thick glass window for local read out and programming functions.
Thanks to the TIDA-00464 TI Design, which uses the capacitive sensing technology integrated in the FDC2214, the operator will be able to interact with the controller without the need of opening the enclosure saving time by avoiding work permit or plant shutdown.
- Four Robust Buttons Option Implemented
- Variable Airgap between Buttons and Glass(1-2mm)
- Finger Detection through 10mm Thick Glass
- Work with Gloves and in Harsh Environment(Water, Oil, Dust, etc)
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 125°C