MSP430FR6989 LaunchPad Development Kit
- MSP430FR6989 LaunchPad Development Kit (MSP-EXP430FR6989) User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 3687 KB)
20 Jul 2015 115 views
The MSP-EXP430FR6989 LaunchPad Development Kit is an easy-to-use Evaluation Module (EVM) for the MSP40FR6989 microcontroller (MCU). It contains everything needed to start developing on the ultra-low-power MSP430FRx FRAM microcontroller platform, including on-board emulation for programming, debugging and energy measurements. The board features on-board buttons and LEDs for quick integration of a simple user interface as well as a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) display which showcases the integrated driver that can drive up to 320 segments. It also offers direct access to the Extended Scan Interface, which is a dual analog front-end (AFE) created for low-power rotation detection. The MSP430FR6989 device features ultra-low power consumption, 128 KB of embedded FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory), a non-volatile memory known for its ultra-low power, high endurance and high speed write access.
Rapid prototyping is simplified by the 40-pin BoosterPack™ Plug-in Module headers, which support a wide range of available BoosterPacks. You can quickly add features like wireless connectivity, graphical displays, environmental sensing, and much more. Design your own BoosterPack or choose among many already available from TI and third party developers.
You can browse all documentation online with TI Resource Explorer and start development with the online CCS Cloud IDE. Other professional development environments are also available, such as TI's Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio and IAR Embedded Workbench.
More information about the LaunchPad, as well as supported BoosterPacks, can be found at the TI LaunchPad website.
- MSP ULP FRAM-based MSP430FR6989 16-bit MCU
- 100 uA/MHz active mode and 350 nA standby with RTC and 3.7 pF crystal
- Certified ULPBench score of 109
- 128 KB FRAM
- 16-Bit RISC architecture up to 8-MHz FRAM access/ 16MHz system clock speed
- 320-segment LCD controller
- Extended Scan Interface
- 16 channel 12-bit ADC
- 5 Timers
- Direct memory access
- 256-bit AES
- 83 GPIO
- EnergyTrace++™ Technology available for ultra-low-power debugging
- 40 pin LaunchPad standard leveraging the BoosterPack ecosystem
- Onboard eZ-FET emulation
- 2 buttons and 2 LEDs for User Interaction
- Segmented LCD
- Pins for direct access to the Extended Scan Interface
- 1 x MSP-EXP430FR6989 LaunchPad Development Kit
- 1 x Micro USB cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide