|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Complete Front-End for Bridge Sensors
- Available in an SO Package
- Internal Amplifier, Gain of 64
- Internal Oscillator
- Low-Side Power Switch for Bridge Sensor
- 18-Bit Noise-Free Resolution
- Selectable 10SPS or 80SPS Data Rates
- Simultaneous 50Hz and 60Hz Rejection at 10SPS
- External Voltage Reference up to 5V for Ratiometric Measurements
- Simple, Pin-Driven Control
- Two-Wire Serial Digital Interface
- Supply Range: 3V to 5.3V
- –40°C to +85°C Temperature Range
Texas Instruments ADS1131IDR
The ADS1131 is a precision, 18-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC). With an onboard, low-noise amplifier, onboard oscillator, precision 18-bit delta-sigma (ΔΣ) ADC, and bridge power switch, the ADS1131 provides a complete front-end solution for bridge sensor applications including weigh scales, strain gauges, and load cells.
The low-noise amplifier has a gain of 64, supporting a full-scale differential input of ±39mV. The ΔΣ ADC has 18-bit effective resolution and is comprised of a third-order modulator and fourth-order digital filter. Two data rates are supported: 10SPS (with both 50Hz and 60Hz rejection) and 80SPS. The ADS1131 can be put into a low-power standby mode or shut off completely in power-down mode.
The ADS1131 is controlled by dedicated pins; there are no digital registers to program. Data are output over an easily-isolated serial interface that connects directly to the MSP430 and other microcontrollers.
The ADS1131 is available in an SO-16 package and is specified from –40°C to +85°C.