|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RTW) | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High-Efficiency, 1.5-MHz, Synchronous Switch-Mode Buck Charger
- 92% Charge Efficiency at 2 A from 5-VInput
- Optimized for USB Voltage Input (5 V)
- Selectable Low Power Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) Mode for Light LoadOperations
- Supports USB On-The-Go (OTG)
- Boost Converter With Up to 1.2-AOutput
- 92% Boost Efficiency at 1-A Output
- AccurateConstant Current (CC) Limit
- Soft-Start Up To 500-µFCapacitive Load
- Output Short CircuitProtection
- Selectable Low Power PFM Mode for Light LoadOperations
- Single Input to Support USB Input and High Voltage Adapters
- Support 3.9-V to 13.5-V Input Voltage Range With 22-V Absolute Maximum InputVoltage Rating
- Programmable Input Current Limit (100 mA to3.2 A With 100-mA Resolution) to Support USB 2.0, USB 3.0 Standardsand High Voltage Adaptors (IINDPM)
- Maximum Power Tracking by Input VoltageLimit Up to 5.4 V (VINDPM)
- VINDPM Threshold Automatically Tracks Battery Voltage
- Auto Detect USB BC1.2, SDP, CDP, DCP and Non-Standard Adaptors
- High Battery Discharge Efficiency With 19.5-mΩ Battery Discharge MOSFET
- Narrow VDC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- BATFET Control to Support Ship Mode, Wake Up and Full System Reset
- Flexible Autonomous and I2C Mode for Optimal System Performance
- High Integration Includes All MOSFETs, Current Sensing and Loop Compensation
- 17-µA Low Battery Leakage Current
- High Accuracy
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±5% at1.5-A Charge Current Regulation
- ±10% at 0.9-A Input Current Regulation
- Create a Custom Design Using the BQ25601D With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ25601DRTWR
The BQ25601D device is ahighly-integrated 3-A switch-mode battery charge management andsystem power path management device for single cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery. The lowimpedance power path optimizes switch-mode operation efficiency, reduces battery charging time andextends battery life during discharging phase. TheI2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes the devicea truly flexible solution.
The BQ25601D is a highly-integrated3.0-A switch-mode battery charge management and system power pathmanagement device for single cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery. It features fast charging withhigh input voltage support for a wide range of smart phones, tabletsand portable devices. Its low impedance power path optimizes switch-mode operation efficiency,reduces battery charging time and extends battery life during discharging phase. Its input voltageand current regulation deliver maximum charging power to battery. The solution is highly integratedwith input reverse-blocking FET (RBFET, Q1), high-side switching FET (HSFET, Q2), low-sideswitching FET (LSFET, Q3), and battery FET (BATFET, Q4) between system and battery. It alsointegrates the bootstrap diode for the high-side gate drive for simplified system design.The I2C serial interface with charging and systemsettings makes the device a truly flexible solution.
The device supports a wide range of input sources, including standard USB host port, USBcharging port, and USB compliant high voltage adapter. The device setsdefault input current limit based on the built-in USB interface. Toset the default input current limit, the device uses the built-in USB interface, or takes theresult from detection circuit in the system, such as USB PHY device. The device is compliantwith USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 power spec with input current and voltage regulation. The device alsomeets USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation power rating specification by supplying 5.15 V on VBUS withconstant current limit up to 1.2A.
The power path management regulates the system slightly above battery voltage but doesnot drop below 3.5 V minimum system voltage (programmable). With thisfeature, the system maintains operation even when the battery is completely depleted or removed.When the input current limit or voltage limit is reached, the power path management automaticallyreduces the charge current to zero. As the system load continues to increase, the power pathdischarges the battery until the system power requirement is met. This Supplement Mode preventsoverloading the input source.
The device initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It sensesthe battery voltage and charges the battery in three phases: pre-conditioning, constant current andconstant voltage. At the end of the charging cycle, the charger automatically terminates when thecharge current is below a preset limit and the battery voltage is higher than recharge threshold.If the fully charged battery falls below the recharge threshold, the charger automatically startsanother charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations,including battery negative temperature coefficient thermistor monitoring, charging safety timer andovervoltage and overcurrent protections. The thermal regulation reduces charge current when thejunction temperature exceeds 110°C (programmable). The STAT outputreports the charging status and any fault conditions. Other safety features include batterytemperature sensing for charge and boost mode, thermal regulation and thermal shutdown and inputUVLO and overvoltage protection. The VBUS_GD bit indicates if a good powersource is present. The INT output Immediately notifies host when faultoccurs.
The device also provides QON pin for BATFETenable and reset control to exit low power ship mode or full system reset function.
The device is available in 24-pin, 4 mm × 4 mm x 0.75 mm thin WQFNpackage.