|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RGE) | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High-efficiency, 1.5-MHz, synchronous switch-mode buck charger
- 92% Charge efficiency at 2-A from 5-Vinput
- Optimized for USB voltage input (5 V)
- Supports USB On-The-Go (OTG)
- Boost converter with up to 1.2-Aoutput
- 92% Boost efficiency at 1-A output
- Accurateconstant current (CC) limit
- Soft-start up to 500-µFcapacitive load
- Output short circuitprotection
- Single input to support USB input and high voltage adapters
- Support 3.9-V to 13.5-V input voltage range with 22-V absolute maximum inputvoltage rating
- Maximum power tracking by input voltage limit upto 4.6 V(VINDPM)
- VINDPM Threshold automatically tracks battery voltage
- Auto detect USB SDP, DCP and non-standard adaptors
- High battery discharge efficiency with 19.5-mΩ battery discharge MOSFET
- Narrow VDC (NVDC) power path management
- Instant-on works with no battery or deeply discharged battery
- Ideal diode operation in battery supplement mode
- High integration includes all MOSFETs, current sensing and loop compensation
- 58-µA Low battery leakage current with system voltage standby
- High accuracy
- ±0.5% Charge voltage regulation
- ±6% at 1.2-A and 1.8-A Charge currentregulation
- ±5% at 0.5-A, 1.2-A and 1.8-A Input currentregulation
- Create a Custom Design Using the BQ25606 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ25606RGET
The BQ25606 device is a highly-integrated standalone3.0-A switch-modebattery charge management and system power path management device for single cell Li-Ion andLi-polymer battery. The low impedance power path optimizes switch-mode operation efficiency,reduces battery charging time and extends battery life during discharging phase.
The BQ25606 isa highly-integrated standalone 3.0-Aswitch-mode battery charge management and system power path management device for single cellLi-Ion and Li-polymer battery. It features fast charging with high input voltage support for a widerange of standalone chargers and portable devices. Its low impedance powerpath optimizes switch-mode operation efficiency, reduces battery charging time and extends batterylife during discharging phase. Its input voltage and current regulation deliver maximum charging power tobattery. The solution is highly integrated with input reverse-blocking FET (RBFET, Q1), high-sideswitching FET (HSFET, Q2), low-side switching FET (LSFET, Q3), and battery FET (BATFET, Q4) betweensystem and battery. It also integrates the bootstrap diode for the high-side gate drive forsimplified system design.
The device supports a wide range of input sources, including standard USB host port, USBcharging port, and USB compliant high voltage adapter. The device sets default input currentlimit based on the built-in USB interface. The device is compliant with USB2.0 and USB 3.0 power spec with input current and voltage regulation. Whenthe device built-in USB interface identifies the input adaptor is unknown, the devices inputcurrent limit is determined by the ILIM pin setting resistor value. The device also meetsUSB On-the-Go (OTG) operation power rating specification by supplying 5.15 V on VBUS with constantcurrent limit up to 1.2A.
The power path management regulates the system slightly above battery voltage but doesnot drop below 3.5 V minimum system voltage. With this feature, the system maintains operation even when the battery iscompletely depleted or removed. When the input current limit or voltage limit is reached, the powerpath management automatically reduces the charge current to zero. As the system load continues toincrease, the power path discharges the battery until the system power requirement is met. ThisSupplement Mode prevents overloading the input source.
The device initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It sensesthe battery voltage and charges the battery in three phases: pre-conditioning, constant current andconstant voltage. At the end of the charging cycle, the charger automatically terminates when thecharge current is below a preset limit and the battery voltage is higher than recharge threshold.If the fully charged battery falls below the recharge threshold, the charger automatically startsanother charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations,including battery negative temperature coefficient thermistor monitoring, charging safety timer andovervoltage and overcurrent protections. The thermal regulation reduces charge current when thejunction temperature exceeds 110°C. The STAT output reports the charging status and any fault conditions. Othersafety features include battery temperature sensing for charge and boost mode, thermal regulationand thermal shutdown and input UVLO and overvoltage protection.
The device family is available in 24-pin, 4 mm x4 mm QFN package.