Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The Digital Power Basic Training Kit provides an introductory platform for learning the basics of digital power control with C2000™ microcontrollers. When paired with a compatible LaunchPad, this BoosterPack demonstrates a full buck converter control system. The buck converter power stage supports dynamic loads and converts an external 9-VDC power supply to a configurable DC output voltage.
Software examples based on the F280049C LaunchPad are packaged in the Digital Power Software Development Kit (SDK). The TIDM-DC-DC-BUCK reference design provides a walkthrough for running the SDK examples and using the powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools
The following are recommended to get started with the Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack:
- Single buck converter power stage
- 9-VDC input, 2-VDC output
- Software-controlled dynamic load
- Pin-compatible with C2000 LaunchPads
- SDK examples for LAUNCHXL-F280049C using Voltage Mode Control (VMC) and Peak Current Mode Control (PCMC)
- Supported by powerSUITE Digital Power Software Tools for quick adaptation of firmware to a custom hardware design
- Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack PCB
- Quick Start Guide
NOTE: External 9V, 2A DC power supply and F28069M LaunchPad required