BQ27Z561 firmware: impedance track battery gas gauge solution for 1-s cell li-ion battery
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- BQ27Z561-R2 Technical Reference Manual (Rev. B)
(PDF 965 KB)
07 May 2020
The BQ27Z561-R2-DEVICE-FW is a firmware (FW) release that can be flashed onto any existing hardware such as the BQ27Z561 or BQ27Z561-R1 product. The firmware incorporates the patented Impedance Track™ technology to create a pack-based solution that provides a rich array of features for gas gauging, protection, and authentication for 1-series cell li-ion and li-polymer battery packs.
Using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals, the BQ27Z561-R2-DEVICE-FW firmware enables the device and measures and maintains an accurate record of available capacity, voltage, current, temperature, and other critical parameters in li-ion or li-polymer batteries, and reports this information to the system host controller.
SHA-2 authentication, with secure memory for authentication keys, enables identification of genuine battery packs.
- Supports pack-side gauging including enhanced state of health (SOH) algorithm
- Fast QMax update option based on predicted OCV
- SHA-256 authentication responder for increased battery pack security
- Sophisticated charge algorithms:
- Enhanced charging
- RSOC() charging compensation option
- Added hibernate mode to enable < 3uA power mode