BQ40Z80 2s-7s Battery Gauge Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- bq40z80EVM Li-Ion Battery Pack Manager Rev B Board User's Guide
(PDF 3075 KB)
01 Nov 2018
The bq40z80 EVM includes one bq40z80, two bq771807 secondary protectors, and a link to Microsoft Windows based PC software, which can be used to monitor and predict capacity, perform cell balancing, monitor critical parameters, protect the cells from overcharge, over-discharge, short circuit, and overcurrent in 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, or 7-series cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery packs. The circuit includes an on-board EV2400 interface to USB so the software can read bqz40z80 data registers, program the chipset for different pack configurations, log cycling data for further evaluation, and evaluate the overall functionality of the solution under different charge and discharge conditions.
- 2s-7s battery gauging with protection
- Supports internal and external cell balancing
- Multiple GPIOs and LED support
- Protection features include:
- Oover and under voltage
- Short circuit in charge and discharge
- Charge and pre-charge timeout
- Over and under temperaure