Secure IoT Gateway Reference Design for Bluetooth® Low Energy, Wi-Fi® and Sub-1 GHz Nodes
A system example demonstrating how to build a secure cloud-connected IoT gateway allowing access and control of the multiple wireless nodes. The reference design utilizes the TM4C12x, TM4C123x, TRF7970A and RF430CL330H, as well as the SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3100, Bluetooth® low energy CC2650 and Sub-1GHz CC1310 wireless microcontrollers (MCUs) development hardware and software suite for ease of development and quick time to market.
- Exosite-based secure cloud connected mid-range multi-protocol IoT gateway solution using TM4C129Ex MCU, which connects Wi-Fi, Bluetooth low energy and Sub 1-GHz-based nodes to the cloud
- Supported nodes include Wi-Fi-based stepper motor control, Bluetooth low energy SensorTag, Bluetooth low energy slave node and Sub-1 GHz slave nodes
- Connection between nodes and gateway using NFC-based secure out-of-band pairing. Secure data communication between nodes and gateway using hardware crypto blocks
- Secure cloud connection using TI-RTOS NDK and WolfSSL stack
- TI-RTOS is used for task scheduling and peripheral access
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Reference design overview and verified performance test data
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Detailed overview of design layout for component placement
Files used for 3D models or 2D drawings of IC components
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
PCB layer plot file used for generating PCB design layout
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
TM4C123GH6PM — 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4F based MCU with 80 -MHz, 256 -KB Flash, 32 -KB RAM, 2 CAN, RTC, USB, 64-PinData sheet: PDF
TM4C1294NCPDT — 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4F based MCU with 120-MHZ, 1-MB flash, 256-KB RAM, USB, ENET MAC+PHYData sheet: PDF
RF430CL330H — Dynamic Dual Interface NFC TransponderData sheet: PDF | HTML
|*||Design guide||Secure IoT Gateway Ref Design for Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi and Sub-1GHz Nodes (Rev. A)||Sep. 15, 2016|
Related design resources
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.