The SoC Wireless MCU CC3220x device comes in three variants: CC3220R, CC3220S, and C3220SF.
- CC3220Rfeatures 256KB of RAM, IoT networking security and device identity/keys.
- CC3220S builds on the CC3220R and MCUlevel security such as file system encryption, user IP (MCU image) encryption, secure boot anddebug security.
- CC3220SF builds on the CC3220S and integrates auser-dedicated 1MB of executable Flash, in addition to the 256KB of RAM.
Start your internet-of-things (IoT) design with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Wireless Microcontroller. The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3220x device family is a system-on-chip (SoC) solution, that integrates two processors within a single-chip:
- The application processor is an Arm® Cortex®-M4 MCU with a user-dedicated 256KB of RAM and an optional 1MB of serial flash.
- The network processor MCU runs all Wi-Fi® and internet logical layers. This ROM-based subsystem includes an 802.11b/g/n radio, baseband, and MAC with a powerful crypto engine.
These devices introduce new features and capabilities that further simplify the connectivity of things to the internet. The main new features include the following:
- Optimized low-power management
- Enhanced networkingsecurity
- Device identity and Asymmetric keys
- Enhanced filesystem security (supported only by the CC3220S and CC3220SF variants)
- IPv6TCP/IP Stack
- AP mode with support of four stations
- Up to 16concurrent BSD sockets, of which 6 are secure
- RESTful API support
The CC3220x device family is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform, a common, easy-to-use development environment based on a single core software development kit (SDK), rich tool set, reference designs and E2E™ community that supports Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® low energy, Sub-1 GHz and host MCUs. For more information, visit the SimpleLink™ MCU Platform.