The FDC2214 evaluation module demonstrates capacitive sensing technology to detect the presence of a conductive or non-conductive target. The evaluation module includes two PCB capacitive sensors that connect to two of the four channels of the FDC2214. An MSP430 microcontroller is used to interface the FDC2214 to a host computer. This module is designed to provide the user with maximum flexibility for system prototyping, and it is perforated in two locations:
- Between the PCB capacitive sensor and the FDC2214
- Between the FDC2214 and the MSP430 interface
The first perforation gives the user the option to snap off the capacitive sensor from the module and experiment with custom sensor designs, and the second perforation allows the user to connect the FDC2214 and capacitive sensor to a different microcontroller system or use multiple sensors in one system. An accompanying GUI allows for maximum flexibility and quick system prototyping.
- Multiple board perforations: provide maximum evaluation and system design flexibility
- Includes two sample PCB capacitive sensors for two of the four channels
- Accompnaying GUI for quick concept demonstration and data capture
- EVM does not require additional components for operation