The LDC1614 evaluation module demonstrates inductive sensing technology for sensing and measuring the presence of a conductive target. The evaluation module includes two example PCB sensor coils that connect to the four channels of the LDC1614, and an MSP430 microcontroller is used to interface the LDC to a host computer.
This module is designed to provide the user with maximum flexibility for system prototyping. The LDC1614EVM is perforated at two locations:
- Between the PCB sensor coil (LC tank) and the LDC1614
- Between the LDC1614 and the MSP430 interface
The first perforation gives the user the option to snap off the PCB coils from the module and experiment with custom sensor coils, and the second perforation allows the user to connect the LDC1614 and sensor coils to a different microcontroller system or use multiple sensors in one system. An accompanying GUI allows for maximum flexibility and quick system prototyping.
Step 1: Purchase the LDC1614EVM (additional sample coils can be obtained by purchasing the LDCCOILEVM)
Step 2: Download the LDC1614EVM user's guide and sensing solutions GUI with included reference firmware
Step 3: Download and view the recommended additional content
Step 4: Visit our E2E inductive sensing FAQ support forum to ask questions and join the conversation about the principles of inductive sensing with other engineers
- Multiple board perforations provide maximum evaluation and system design flexibility
- Includes example sensor coils for the different channels
- Accompanying GUI for quick concept demonstration and data capture
- EVM does not require additional components for operation, enabling rapid evaluation