The TSW40RF82EVM reference design provides a platform to interface the DAC38RF82 with a high-performance modulator - the TRF370417EVM. The TRF370417EVM can modulate wideband signals at up to 6 GHz as would be typical for a microwave backhaul application. The TRF370417 device may be substituted for a suitable higher-frequency device. Minimal modification is required to interface the digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with the modulator. This design provides the method to interface the TSW40RF82EVM with the TRF370417EVM.
- High-bandwidth zero-intermediate frequency (zero-IF) transmitter solution
- DAC solution with RF-sampling speed up to 8 GSPS
- Wideband modulation with TRF370417EVM up to 6 GHz
- Modulator can be interchanged to achieve higher RF frequencies
- Modulation error ratio (MER) over 40 dB throughout 5-GHz frequency band