The following is the detailed design procedure:
- Select the number of devices needed for the number of cells in the system, and for the configuration of the protection thresholds.
- Select the proper sense resistor value based on the application current. The sense resistor should enable detection of the highest current protection, as well as the short circuit current.
- Set the temperature protection using a 103AT NTC (or an NTC with similar specifications). If using a different type of NTC, a different RTS_PU may be used for the application. Refer to the actual temperature detection threshold voltage to determine the RTS_PU value.
- Connect the CCFG pin correctly for each device based on the number of cells in series.
- Enable cell balancing if desired.
- Select the configuration parameters and input filter resistors to set the current.
- Review the Recommended System Implementation to determine if optional components should be added to the schematic.