The UCC28951 offers four different light-load management techniques for improving the efficiency of a power converter over a wide load current range.
- Adaptive Delay,
- ADEL, which sets and optimizes the dead-time control for the primary switches over a wide load current range.
- ADELEF, which sets and optimizes the delay-time control between the primary side switches and the secondary side switches.
- TMIN, sets the minimum pulse width as long as the part is not in current limit mode.
- Dynamic synchronous rectifier on/off control in DCM Mode, For increased efficiency at light loads. The DCM Mode starts when the voltage at CS pin is lower than the threshold set by the user. In DCM Mode, the synchronous output drive signals OUTE and OUTF are brought down low.
- Burst Mode, for maximum efficiency at very light loads or no load. Burst Mode has an even number of PWM TMIN pulses followed by off time. Transition to the Burst Mode is defined by the TMIN duration set by the user.