|Package | PIN:||PDIP (N) | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Two BCD Decade or Bi-Quinary Counters
- One Package Can Be Configured to Divide-by-2, 4, 5,10, 20, 25, 50 or 100
- Two Master Reset Inputs to Clear Each Decade Counter Individually
- Fanout (Over Temperature Range)
- Standard Outputs...10 LSTTL Loads
- Bus Driver Outputs...15 LSTTL Loads
- Wide Operating Temperature Range... -55°C to 125°C
- Balanced Propagation Delay and Transition Times
- Significant Power Reduction Compared to LSTTL Logic ICs
- HC Types
- 2V to 6V Operation
- High Noise Immunity: NIL = 30%, NIH = 30% of VCC at VCC = 5V
- HCT Types
- 4.5V to 5.5V Operation
- Direct LSTTL Input Logic Compatibility, VIL = 0.8V (Max), VIH = 2V (Min)
- CMOS Input Compatibility, Il 1µA at VOL, VOH
Data sheet acquired from Harris Semiconductor
Texas Instruments CD74HC390E
The CD74HC390 and HCT390 dual 4-bit decade ripple counters are high-speed silicon-gate CMOS devices and are pin compatible with low-power Schottky TTL (LSTTL). These devices are divided into four separately clocked sections. The counters have two divide-by-2 sections and two divide-by-5 sections. These sections are normally used in a BCD decade or bi quinary configuration, since they share a common master reset (nMR). If the two master reset inputs (1MR and 2MR) are used to simultaneously clear all 8 bits of the counter, a number of counting configurations are possible within one package. The separate clock inputs (nCP0\ and nCP1\) of each section allow ripple counter or frequency division applications of divide-by-2, 4. 5, 10, 20, 25, 50 or 100. Each section is triggered by the High-to-Low transition of the input pulses (nCP0\ and nCP1\).
For BCD decade operation, the nQ0 output is connected to the nCP1\ input of the divide-by-5 section. For bi-quinary decade operation, the nO3 output is connected to the nCP0\ input and nQ0 becomes the decade output.
The master reset inputs (1MR and 2MR) are active-High asynchronous inputs to each decade counter which operates on the portion of the counter identified by the "1" and "2" prefixes in the pin configuration. A High level on the nMR input overrides the clock and sets the four outputs Low.