|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- 100 Mbps Data Rate
- Robust Isolation Barrier:
- >100-Year Projected Lifetime at 1kVRMS Working Voltage
- Up to 5000VRMS Isolation Rating
- ±100 kV/µs TypicalCMTI
- Wide Supply Range: 2.25 V to 5.5 V
- 2.25-V to 5.5-V Level Translation
- Default Output High (ISO7731B) and Low (ISO7731FB) Options
- Wide Temperature Range: –55°C to +125°C
- Low Power Consumption, Typical 1.7 mA per Channel at 1 Mbps
- Low Propagation Delay: 11 ns Typical
- Robust Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- System-Level ESD, EFT, and SurgeImmunity
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge Protectionacross Isolation Barrier
- Low Emissions
- Wide-SOIC (DW-16) Package
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- Basic Insulation per DIN V VDE V 0884-11:2017-01
- UL 1577Component Recognition Program
- CSA Certification per IEC 60950-1 and IEC 62368-1End Equipment Standards
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
- TUV Certificationaccording to EN 60950-1 and EN 61010-1
- CQC Certification Planned; All OtherCertifications Complete
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO7731BDW
The ISO7731B device is a high-performance, triple-channel digital isolator with 5000VRMS isolation ratings per UL 1577 and 8000 VPK basicinsulation according to VDE.
The ISO7731B device provides high electromagnetic immunity and low emissions at low powerconsumption, while isolating CMOS or LVCMOS digital I/Os. Each isolation channel has a logic inputand output buffer separated by a double capacitive silicon dioxide (SiO2)insulation barrier. This device comes with enable pins which can be used to put the respectiveoutputs in high impedance for multi-master driving applications and to reduce power consumption.The ISO7731B device has two forward and one reverse-direction channels. If the input power orsignal is lost, the default output is high for device withoutsuffix F and low for device with suffix F. See the Device Functional Modes section for furtherdetails.
Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, this device helps prevent noisecurrents on data buses, such as RS-485, RS-232, and CAN, or other circuits from entering the localground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chip design andlayout techniques, electromagnetic compatibility of the ISO7731B device has been significantlyenhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT, surge, and emissions compliance. The ISO7731B device isavailable in 16-pin wide-SOIC package.