Isolate digital signals with our digital isolators
Highest working voltage, lowest emissions, lowest power and highest efficiency
Explore our portfolio of basic and reinforced digital isolators based on a proprietary silicon dioxide (SiO2) insulation barrier for industry-leading performance. These high-voltage, high-speed, low-power, small-size, integrated-power, radiation-tolerant, and ATEX/IECEx-certified isolators are designed to meet a range of design challenges. Whether you need isolation in a very cost-sensitive application, an industrial factory application that must endure harsh temperatures and system noise, or automotive HEV/EV application where size and weight reduction is critical, or even in NewSpace applications, our high-performance digital isolators can help.
Digital isolators featuring the industry's highest isolation rating up to 5.7 kVrms, operational voltage from 1.71 to 5.5 V, power down to 4.2 µA per channel and speeds up to 150 Mbps
Digital isolators with integrated power featuring isolation ratings of 5 kVrms, up to 0.65-W output power, high efficiency and the lowest electromagnetic emissions
Featured digital isolators
ISO67xx family of digital isolators
The ISO67xx family of basic and reinforced digital isolators provides industry-leading signal isolation through our series capacitor, SiO2 insulation barrier technology, while helping reduce your design costs. Compared to legacy optocouplers, these isolators deliver better temperature performance, higher data rates and longer lifetime and reliability, while helping you stay on budget. Available in multiple channel options, these devices can help increase protection of critical circuitry across various application configurations i.e. SPI, UART, CAN, RS-485, GPIO and I2C signals.
This family of isolators features:
- 5-kVrms wide creepage and 3-kVrms narrow creepage package options for both high voltage and compact designs.
- Increased design flexibility through low-power operation and level translation with support for a wide range of voltage supplies from 1.71 V to 5.5 V.
- 8-kV ESD contact performance meets IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 requirements preventing damage to the isolators during maintenance.
- Up to 1000-V working voltage and 75-kV/µs typical common-mode transient immunity enables use in noisy, high-voltage environments such as grid and motor drive applications.
ISOS141-SEP radiation-tolerant digital isolator in space enhanced plastic
The ISOS141-SEP digital isolator provides a robust capacitive SiO2 insulation barrier in a radiation-tolerant, space enhanced plastic (Space EP) package. The introduction of high-performance signal isolation for space applications provides flexibility for multiple use cases in low Earth orbit applications, preventing noise currents on data buses, such as UART, SPI, RS-485, RS-232, and CAN from damaging sensitive circuits. This digital isolator can also be used to isolate multiple static signals in a system to provide additional redundancy and robustness.
This device provides:
- Four channels of digital isolation in a small, 16-pin QSOP package.
- Strong radiation performance (SEL of 43 MeV•cm2/mg at 125°C and TID of 30 krad).
- Robust isolation (600 VRMS continuous working voltage and single event dielectric rupture (SEDR) immune at 500 VDC).
- High speed and low power (100 Mbps data rate, 1.5 mA per channel).
Featured automotive digital isolator resources
Learn how Grade 0 digital isolators enable high-temperature (over 125°C) isolation designs in hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs).
Read about where and why isolation is needed in 48-V mild hybrid systems.
Receive fast and reliable technical support from our engineers throughout every step of your design.
Browse our complete board-level and system-level reference design circuits to help you quickly evaluate and customize your system.