The TIDA-01027 reference design provides a foundation for corner radar applications to meet NCAP R79 safety requirements using the AWR2944 evaluation module (EVM). The design allows users to estimate and track the position (in the azimuthal plane) and velocity of objects in device field of view (FoV) up to 200 m. This application focuses on corner and front long-range radar systems for multiple functions, such as blind-spot detection, front cross-traffic assist, and lane-change assist. It also demonstrates the usage of the TI compression engine and hardware accelerator (HWA) capabilities.
- Enables carmakers to meet NCAP R79 safety requirements using a single-chip radar sensor
- Provides unmatched corner radar performance with best-in-class RF performance enabled by a fourth transmitter for 33% higher angular resolution than traditional three-transmitter devices
- Detects and tracks objects (such as cars and trucks) up to 200 m away with velocity of ±140 kmph
- Antenna azimuth FoV ±80º with azimuth angular resolution of approximately 9.5º
- Showcases AWR2944 transmit phase shift, data compression, and HWA with Doppler division multiple access (DDMA) processing chain provided by mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-MCUPLUS-SDK).