The device supports one MCAN module connecting to the CAN network through external (for the device) transceiver for connection to the physical layer. The MCAN module supports up to 5 Mbit/s data rate and is compliant to ISO 11898-1:2015.
The MCAN module implements the following features:
- Conforms with ISO 11898-1:2015
- Full CAN FD support (up to 64 data bytes)
- AUTOSAR and SAE J1939 support
- Up to 32 dedicated Transmit Buffers
- Configurable Transmit FIFO, up to 32 elements
- Configurable Transmit Queue, up to 32 elements
- Configurable Transmit Event FIFO, up to 32 elements
- Up to 64 dedicated Receive Buffers
- Two configurable Receive FIFOs, up to 64 elements each
- Up to 128 filter elements
- Internal Loopback mode for self-test
- Maskable interrupts, two interrupt lines
- Two clock domains (CAN clock/Host clock)
- Parity/ECC support - Message RAM single error correction and double error detection (SECDED) mechanism
- Local power-down and wakeup support
- Timestamp Counter
For more information, see the Serial Communication Interfaces / DCAN and MCAN sections of the Device TRM.
Refer to the CAN Specification for calculations necessary to validate timing compliance. Jitter tolerance calculations must be performed to validate the implementation.
Table 7-34 and Table 7-35 present Timing and Switching characteristics for DCAN and MCAN Interface.