|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RTE) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Dual H-bridge motor driver
- Single or dual brushed DC motors
- One bipolar stepper motor
- Solenoid loads
- 2.7-V to 18-V operating voltage range
- High output current per H-bridge
- 1-A RMS driver current at TA = 25°C
- 2-A RMS driver current in parallel mode at TA =25°C
- Low on-state resistance at VM > 5-V
- 1000 mΩ RDS(ON) (HS + LS) at TA= 25°C
- Multiple control interface options
- 4-Pin interface
- Parallel bridge interface
- Independent bridgeinterface
- Current regulation with 20-µs fixed off time
- Torque scalar for scaling output current to 50%
- Supports 1.8-V, 3.3-V, 5-V logic inputs
- Low-power sleep mode
- 1.7-µA Sleep mode supply current at VVM = 12-V,TA = 25°C
- I2C Device Variant Available (DRV8847S)
- Detailed diagnostics on I2Cregisters
- Multi-slave operation support
- Supports standardand fast I2C mode
- Small packages and footprints
- 16 Pin TSSOP (no thermal pad)
- 16 Pin HTSSOPPowerPAD™ package
- 16 Pin WQFNthermal package
- Built-in protection features
- VM undervoltage lockout
- Overcurrent protection
- Open load detection
- Thermal shutdown
- Fault condition indication pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8847RTET
The DRV8847 device is a dual H-bridge motor driver for industrial applications, homeappliances, ePOS printers, and other mechatronic applications. This device can be used for drivingtwo DC motors, a bipolar stepper motor, or other loads such as relays. A simple PWM interfaceallows easy interface with the controller. The DRV8847 device operates off a single power supplyand supports a wide input supply range from 2.7 to 18 V.
The output stage of the driver consists of N-channel power MOSFETs configured as twofull H-bridges to drive motor windings or four independent half bridges (in independent bridgeinterface). A fixed off time controls the peak current in the bridge which can drive a 1-A load(2-A in parallel mode with proper heat sinking, at 25°C TA).
A low-power sleep mode is provided to achieve a low quiescent current draw by shuttingdown much of the internal circuitry. Additionally, a torque scalar is provided which dynamicallyscales the output current through a digital input pin. This feature lets the controller decreasethe current required for lower power consumption.
Internal protection functions are provided for undervoltage-lockout, overcurrentprotection on each FET, short circuit protection, open-load detection, and overtemperature. Faultconditions are indicated by on the nFAULT pin. The I2C device variant(DRV8847S) has detailed diagnostics.