Brushless DC (BLDC) motor drivers
Smart gate drivers and integrated motor driver ICs for BLDC motor control
Browse by category
Our discrete driver portfolio scales across voltage and power levels with built-in monitoring and diagnostics. Integrate MOSFETs, current shunt amplifiers, slew-rate control and more for your design.
Integrated control BLDC drivers
Our integrated control portfolio accelerates design time with scalable, code-free, sensored and sensorless BLDC motor drivers to optimize system efficiency, audible noise and solution size.
Featured brushless DC motor drivers
Automotive 40-V max 8-A peak three-phase motor driver with integrated current sensing
Approx. price (USD) 1ku | 2
60-V sensorless trapezoidal control three-phase BLDC gate driver
Approx. price (USD) 1ku | 1.24
24-V max, 5-A peak, sensorless trapezoidal control three-phase BLDC motor driver
Approx. price (USD) 1ku | 1.137
24-V max 5-A peak three-phase motor driver with integrated FETs and current sensing
Approx. price (USD) 1ku | 0.847
40-V max, 4-A peak, sensorless trapezoidal control three-phase BLDC motor driver
Approx. price (USD) 1ku | 1.24
40-V max 8-A peak three-phase motor driver with integrated current sensing
Approx. price (USD) 1ku | 1.779
Brushless DC (BLDC) motor drivers key benefits
Quickly achieve smooth, accurate motion
Achieve the quiestest, smoothest and most efficient motion control and reduce your time to market with automatic motor tuning, sensorless control and system-level integration.
A broad portfolio with high power density at any voltage
We deliver the most power in the smallest package and offer affordable power delivey with increased design flexibility with different levels of integration options.
System and device robustness
Our portfolio delivers robust, quality drivers that are fault tolerant and feature advanced protections like stall detect, open load braking and power off braking.
Discover featured applications
Address highest level functional safety and accurate current sense requirements for EPS in 12-V battery automotive applications with robust BLDC gate drivers.
Our high performance and highly accurate current sense gate drivers help solve many challenges in designing BLDC motor systems to accomodate EPS design needs.
- Functional Safety-Compliant to ISO 26262 for use in systems targeting up to ASIL D
- Current sense accuarcy for precise commutation and torque feedback
- Supports down to 4.5-V operating voltage under hostile battery conditions
- Built-in-self-test (BIST), over/under voltage, over current and over temperature diagnosis and protection
- VGS and VDS monitoring and protection to prevent stuck at and shoot through for low-side FET and high-side FET
- Motor driver protection features – Video
Design high speed and robust vacuum robots with our code-free integrated BLDC motor drivers.
Our integrated control BLDC drivers porfolio offers felixible options to fit different motor use case requirements, such as suction, brushbar and moping motors.
- High suction power (up to 3-kHz electrical speed) and high startup torque capbility enables vacuum to stay at constant speed regardless of the floor conditions
- Minimized power loses with ASR and AAR rectification techniques to prevent power losses and thermal dissipation
- Lock-up detection to recognize an obstruction (sock) in the brushed bar that jams or locks up the bar from spinning
- MCT8316AEVM – MCT8316A evaluation module for three-phase sensorless trapezoidal BLDC motor driver
- MCT8316A - Design Challenges and Solution – Application note
- MCx8316x for Vacuum Robot Applications – Application note
Create brushless DC motor drive systems for high performance power tool applications.
Our high performance gate drivers offer effective solutions to many of the challenges in designing BLDC motor systems by introducing featured integrations and a diverse portfolio to accomodate power tool design needs.
- Wide motor voltage range accomodating operating voltage conditions from 5 V to 100 V
- System integrations and small package size to reduce form factor
- Advanced on-chip protection and diagnosis features to reduce design complexity and enable higher system robustness
- Low quiescient current consumption for extended battery life in cordless applications
- Understanding Smart Gate Drive (Rev. D) – Application note