|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RHR) | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- PWM Microstepping Stepper Motor Driver
- Up to 1/16 Microstepping
- Non-Circular and Standard ½ Step Modes
- Integrated Current Sense Functionality
- No Sense Resistors Required
- ±6.25% Full-Scale Current Accuracy
- Slow and Mixed Decay Options
- 8.0- to 37-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Low RDS(ON): 0.86 Ω HS + LS at 24 V, 25°C
- High Current Capacity
- 1.5-A Full Scale per Bridge
- 1.0-A rms per Bridge
- Fixed Off-Time PWM Chopping
- Simple STEP/DIR Interface
- Low-Current Sleep Mode (20 µA)
- Small Package and Footprint
- 24 HTSSOP PowerPAD™ Package
- 28 WQFN Package
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Charge Pump Undervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8885RHRT
The DRV8885 is a stepper motor driver for industrial equipment applications. The devicehas two N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers, a microstepping indexer, and integrated currentsense. The DRV8885 is capable of driving up to 1.5 A full scale or 1.0 A rms output current(depending on proper PCB ground plane for thermal dissipation and at 24 V andTA = 25°C).
The DRV8885 integrated current sense functionality eliminates the need for two externalsense resistors.
The STEP/DIR pins provide a simple control interface. The device can be configured infull-step up to 1/16 step modes. A low-power sleep mode is provided for very-low quiescent currentstandby using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Internal protection functions are provided for undervoltage, charge pump faults,overcurrent, short circuits, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated by an nFAULTpin.