BQ27425EVM-G2A System-Side Impedance Track Fuel (Gas) Gauge Evaluation Module
The BQ27425EVM-G2A evaluation module is a complete evaluation system for the bq27425-G2A. The EVM includes one bq27425-G2A circuit module with an integrated current-sense resistor. A separated orderable EV2400 PC interface board for gas gauge interface along with a PC USB cable, and Windows™-based PC software is needed when using this EVM. The circuit module includes one bq27425-G2A integrated circuit and all other onboard components necessary to monitor and predict capacity for a system-side fuel gauge solution. The circuit module connects directly across the battery pack. With the EV2400 interface board and software, the user can:
- Read the bq27425 data registers.
- Program the chipset for different configurations.
- Log cycling data for further evaluation.
- Evaluate the overall functionality of the bq27425 solution under different charge and discharge conditions.
The latest Windows™ – based PC software can be downloaded from the product folder on the Texas Instruments Web site.
- Single series cell Li-Ion battery fuel gauge
- Resides on system board
- Supports embedded or removable batteries
- Powered directly from battery with integrated LDO
- Low-value integrated sense resistor (10 mΩ Typical)
- Easy to configure fuel gauging based on patented Impedance Track technology
- Reports Remaining Capacity and State of Charge (SOC) with Smoothing Filter
- Automatically adjusts for battery aging, self-discharge, temperature, and rate changes
- Battery State of Health (aging) estimation
- Microcontroller peripheral supports:
- 400-kHz I2C serial interface
- Configurable SOC Interrupt, or Battery Low digital output warning
- Internal temperature sensor, or Host reported temperature
- 15-pin 2,69 × 1,75 mm, 0.5 mm pitch CSP package