ZigBee Wireless Networking
ZigBee is a standards-based technology for remote monitoring, control and sensor network applications.
The ZigBee standard was created to address the need for a cost-effective, standards-based wireless networking solution that supports low data-rates, low-power consumption, security, and reliability. Core markets are consumer electronics, energy management and efficiency, health care, home automation, telecommunication services, building automation and industrial automation.
TI's ZigBee solutions
A longstanding member of the ZigBee alliance and with golden unit recognized ZigBee compliant platforms, TI is a leading supplier of ZigBee solutions. TI provides complete hardware and software ZigBee-compliant platforms. Unlike other hardware suppliers that outsource their ZigBee stack development, TI has a dedicated internal software engineering team that is working on the latest revisions of the ZigBee stack and application profile testing.
- Complete hardware and software ZigBee-compliant platforms certified by a ZigBee Alliance approved test house
- A free IEEE 802.15.4 MAC software and golden unit status Z-Stack™ protocol stack.
- High-performance radio featuring excellent coexistence with WLAN, Bluetooth® and other 2.4 GHz solutions
- Application support
- Development kits and tools
TI's three Paths to ZigBee
- The ZigBee second generation CC2530 SOC (system-on-chip) is a ZigBee "golden unit suite" that is targeted for low power applications and small form factor designs.
- The CC2530ZNP ( ZigBee network processor) can be used for designs where the CC2530ZNP, containing the ZigBee Pro stack, communicate to the system's main processor through the SPI interface. This partitioning option allows the designer to keep the ZigBee application profile and any other applications on the main processor.
- The second generation CC2520 802.15.4 transceiver can
be used with the MSP430™ MCU's and Stellaris™
suite of ARM Cortex M3 technology. It is recommended
for designers who want additional flash and RAM.
Low-Power RF Developer Network
TI is dedicated to offering customers the best possible support. We continuously receive requests from customers who wish to get access to third parties to speed up the application development. Click on the link below to access the Low-Power RF Developer Network tool where you can search for providers of state-of-the-art ZigBee design services and modules. Search the Low-Power RF Developer Network.
The ZigBee Alliance
The ZigBee Alliance is an association of companies working together on an open global standard for wireless network monitoring and control products. ZigBee enables companies to have a simple, reliable, low-power, global wireless public standard optimized for the unique needs of remote monitoring and control applications. For more information on ZigBee, please visit www.zigbee.org