Magnetic Hall effect sensors
Low power, highly reliable, cost-optimized solutions for magnetic position sensing
Measure precise absolute position of linear and angular movements within a system to carry out corresponding functions using linear Hall sensors.
Detect the presence or absence of a magnetic field for simple on/off or open/close applications using Hall effect switches.
Obtain speed and direction for rotary encoding and rotor position for motor commutation using Hall effect latches or linear Hall sensors.
Why Hall effect sensors for magnetic position sensing?
TI's magnetic Hall effect sensors are known for robust durability and dependable operation for any position sensing application. Whether simply detecting the closing of a lid or perfroming complext motor commutation and precise position measurment, Hall effect sensors will reliably and accurately sense the position position in your system.
Key industrial applications
- Cordless handheld garden tools & cordless power tools - Hall effect sensors provide position measurment in motors, speed selectors and triggers to carry out proper functions.
- E-meters - Hall effect sensors offer solutions for magnetic tamper and case tamper detection.
- Door & window sensors: Hall effect sensors can be used to detect window and door tampering for home security.
Key automotive applications
- Electric power steering - Monitor the position of the shifter, motor, steering wheel angle and torque with Hall effect sensors.
- Body motors - Hall effect sensors enable motor commutation in various modules throughout the vehicle.
- Engine fan & pump - Monitor the status of engine fans and various pumps wihin the vehicle using Hall effect sensors.
Featured magnetic sensors
|Supply voltage (max)||38 V||5.5 V||5.5 V||5.5 V|
|Bandwidth||30 kHz||30 kHz||20 kHz|
|Catalog temperature range||-40°C to 125°C||-40°C to 125°C||-40°C to 85°C||-40°C to 125°C|
|Automotive temperature range||-40°C to 150°C||-40°C to 150°C||-40°C to 150°C|
Ask questions, share knowledge, and help solve problems with fellow engineers in TI’s E2E™ Community
Browse Hall effect sensor use cases. Each application note includes problem analysis, implementation options and related products.