Magnetic Hall effect sensors
Low power, highly reliable, cost-optimized solutions for magnetic position sensing
Measure precise absolute position of linear and angular movements within a system to carry out corresponding functions using linear Hall sensors
Detect the presence or absence of a magnetic field for simple on/off or open/close applications using Hall effect switches
Why Hall effect sensors for magnetic position sensing?
Our magnetic Hall effect sensors are known for robust durability and dependable operation for any position sensing application. Whether simply detecting the closing of a lid or performing complex motor commutation and precise position measurement, Hall effect sensors will reliably and accurately sense the position in your system.
Key industrial applications
- Cordless handheld garden tools & cordless power tools - Hall effect sensors provide position measurment in motors, speed selectors and triggers to carry out proper functions
- E-meters - Hall effect sensors offer solutions for magnetic tamper and case tamper detection
- Door & window sensors: Hall effect sensors can be used to detect window and door tampering for home security
Key automotive applications
- Electric power steering - Monitor the position of the shifter, motor, steering wheel angle and torque with Hall effect sensors
- Body motors - Hall effect sensors enable motor commutation in various modules throughout the vehicle
- Engine fan & pump - Monitor the status of engine fans and various pumps wihin the vehicle using Hall effect sensors
Featured magnetic sensors
Build your expertise with TI Precision Labs - Magnetic Sensors
Check out this comprehensive curriculum for linear Hall effect sensors and Hall effect latches and switches. Lectures include an introduction to Hall effect positin sensing, key specifications and parameters you need to know, using magnetic sensors for rotary encoding and proximity sensing applications and, considerations when calculating for the magnetic field.
Ask questions, share knowledge, and help solve problems with fellow engineers in our E2E™ Community
Browse Hall effect sensor use cases. Each application note includes problem analysis, implementation options and related products.