SimpleLink™ Sub-1 GHz wireless MCUs
High performance, long range wireless and ultra-low power consumption
TI offers the most distance with lowest power
- Full building to citywide coverage
- Multi-year operation on a coin cell battery
- Common core software with the SimpleLink platform
New SimpleLink CC13xx SDK with TI 15.4 stack
- Designed for long range & robust star networks
- Reduced time to market with ready to go software
- Built-in frequency hopping
New long range gateway solution
- Faster time to market with proven technology
- Enable long range applications to the cloud
- Flexible interface to multiple cloud providers
*some stack components will be embedded in ROM in production devices to increase application code space in flash
|Longer range and lower power with the newly enhanced ultra low power sensor controller||Support for Sub-1 GHz + 2.4 GHz concurrency with the lowest power multi-band wireless MCU||Support for Sub-1 GHz + 2.4 GHz concurrency with an integrated +20dBm PA for longer range||Full building coverage with multi-year operation on a coin cell battery||Add smartphone connectivity with Sub-1 GHz + Bluetooth Low Energy|
|SimpleLink MCU Platform Compliant|
|Application MCU||Arm® Cortex®- M4F||Arm® Cortex®- M4F||Arm® Cortex®- M4F||Arm® Cortex®- M3||Arm® Cortex®- M3|
|Standby Current Consumption||0.8µA||0.8µA||0.8µA||0.7µA||0.7µA|
Sub-1 GHz Transceivers
Enable Sub-1 GHz connectivity by adding on performance line, value line, and general-purpose transceivers.
|A complete IEEE 802.15.4e/g-based star network solution including network management, security, and frequency hopping||EasyLink RF abstraction layer and TI-RTOS drivers to easily write low power applications||A globally deployed Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) for the IoT||Open source operating system for the IoT which integrates an IPv6/6LoWPAN stack||A standard that specifies the RF communication link between water, gas, heat, and electric meters that is widely accepted in Europe|
|SimpleLink SDK software|
SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz: Sensor to Cloud
End-to-end solution for low power wide area networks (LPWAN) enabling cloud connectivity for sending and receiving sensor data over a long range Sub-1 GHz star network.
The sensor node example application is a part of the TI 15.4-Stack software that is included in the SimpleLink CC13x0 and CC13x2 SDKs. The TI 15.4-Stack is a complete Sub-1 GHz network solution providing key features such as network management, security, and a frequency hopping scheme.
The TI 15.4-Stack sensor node example application can be demonstrated using the following SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz development tools:
The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz Sensor to Cloud gateway is the central node of the star network, which integrates advanced security features for a bidirectional link between the sensor nodes and the cloud.
TI offers flexible gateway solutions based on the following architectures:
The IoT Cloud Application communicates to the gateway allowing sensor data to be received and sent through a cloud-based user interface.
The solution is demonstrated through cloud vendors such as AWS and IBM Watson IoT. In addition, the IoT cloud application features a flexible interface to allow the user to connect to their cloud partner of choice.
Choose your Sensor to Cloud solution
- Fully integrated, low-power wireless gateway
- Scalability with the SimpleLink MCU platform
- Cost-optimized solution
Supported OS: TI-RTOS
SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3220:
- ARM® Cortex®-M4
- Dedicated network processor and application MCU
- Chip-level Wi-FI alliance certification
- Enables enhanced user interface
- Ability to run concurrent applications
- Scalable MPU platform allowing support for additional wireless technologies
Supported OS: Linux
- Scalable ARM Cortex-A8 from 300 MHz – 1 GHz
- 3D graphics for enhanced user interface
- Dual-core PRU-ICSS
Support and training
Sub-1 GHz videos