SimpleLink™ Sub-1 GHz wireless MCUs
High performance, long range wireless and ultra-low power consumption
TI offers the longest range with the lowest power, featuring:
- Lowest power integrated PA: up to +20dBm TX power
- Link budget up to 143dBm
- Operates as low as 1uA using sensor controller
Supports concurrent Sub-1 and 2.4GHz operation
- Dynamic multi-protocol manager enables concurrency
- Sub-1 GHz and Bluetooth Low Energy on single radio
- Add smartphone connection to long range network
Over 10 years of RF experience with industry-proven transceivers, with the benefits of:
- Up to +14dBm TX power at 45mA
- Down to 4kHz of bandwidth
- Best in class RF with high performance narrow band
Why TI for Sub-1 GHz?
Texas Instruments provides a broad portfolio of wireless devices ranging from transceivers to wireless and Multi-band MCUs:
- Robust software options: out-of-box 15.4-Stack star-network solution and proprietary network support
- Superior ultra-low power performance over a broad temperature range versus competition
- Save power with a programmable sensor controller core capable of executing simple tasks while the system CPU and ARM® Cortex®-M4 MCU core are in sleep mode
- Up to -125dBm sensitivity and data rates up to 4Mbps
Software solutions for every need
Out-of-box SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz network solution
Developers interested in a pre-built, robust proprietary network that is FCC/ETSI compliant and has security and multi-node capabilities should consider the TI 15.4-Stack, supported on our SimpleLink wireless MCUs.
Build your own network or migrate an existing one
Proprietary software examples featuring industry-proven RF drivers for developers interested in building their own proprietary network or migrating an existing solution to TI wireless MCUs.
Out-of-box SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz network solution: TI 15.4-Stack
While implementing a Sub-1 GHz network solution can be complex, the SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz stack offers a complete “out of box” standards-based star-network solution for implementing long-range, low power wireless networks in the home, building, or city.
- Lowers total development cost and reduces time to market
- Supports 200+ nodes
- Network management, security, and frequency hopping
- Based on the IEEE 802.15.4 standard
- FCC/ETSI certification-ready
- Data rates: 50kbps, 200kbps, long range 5kbps, and more
- Frequency bands: 433 MHz, 863 MHz, 915 MHz
- Ensures successful transmissions: MAC layer acknowledgments, listen-before-talk and CSMA/CA
SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz: Sensor to Cloud
End-to-end solution for low power wide area networks (LPWAN) enabling cloud connectivity for sending and receiving sensor data over a long range Sub-1 GHz star network.
The low-power sensor node example application uses the TI 15.4-Stack to transmit sensor data from SimpleLink CC13xx wireless microcontrollers. The TI 15.4-Stack software is included in the SimpleLink CC13x0 and CC13x2 SDKs.
The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz Sensor to Cloud gateway is the central node in the star network and acts as a secure bidirectional link between sensor nodes and the cloud.
The IoT cloud application receives sensor node data from the gateway and communicates it to your choice of cloud-based user interfaces.
Build your own or migrate an existing proprietary Sub-1 GHz network solution
TI offers a robust set of proprietary software examples and documentation provided through the SimpleLink SDK and SimpleLink academy that can be used as a foundation for creating a Sub-1 GHz proprietary network or migrating an existing network.
Packet TX/RX training
Most customizable network solution with access to the RF configuration file and RF Drivers. Send and receive Sub-1 GHz packets within minutes with packet transmission and wake-on-radio examples, and validate your transmission with a packet error-rate meter.
EasyLink network building blocks
Higher level Sub-1 GHz network building blocks that abstract the RF driver layer and provide examples for two way communication with acknowledgments, listen before talk, over-the-air-upgrade, and basic network formation.
Interested in migrating your current proprietary network to our SimpleLink MCU platform? View our transceiver migration overview.
Support and training