The DRV8328AEVM is a 30-A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8328A gate driver for BLDC motors. The DRV8328 incorporates three diodes for bootstrap operation without the need for external diodes. The EVM includes a current shunt amplifier for low-side current measurement as well as configurability to evaluate all variants of the DRV8328 device (A, B, C, and D). This includes switches, potentiometers, and resistors to evaluate settings such as VDS overcurrent threshold, driver dead time, integrated LDO output, or a gate driver shutoff pin.
Up to 60 V can be supplied to the EVM and the DRV8328's integrated LDO generates the gate voltage needed for the bootstrap GVDD supply. Status LEDs for all power supplies as well as a Fault LED are included for user feedback. The C2000 launchpad (LAUNCHXL-F280049C) is required for this kit and is used to control the DRV8328AEVM with a sensored trapezoidal algorithm, as well as monitor and report faults.
- 4.5 - 60-V operation, 30-A peak H-bridge output current
- Onboard CSA for combined low-side source current measurement
- Configurability for A, B, C, and D variants of the DRV8328
- Switches, resistors, and potentiometers for speed, dead time, VDSLVL, and gate driver shutoff control
- Supply LEDs and Fault LEDs for user feedback
- C2000 (LAUNCHXL-F280049C) sensored trapezoidal firmware and GUI available