126.96.36.199 2 x PBTL Application
In this configuration both devices are configured in parallel bridge-tied load (PBTL) mode. Example use cases for a 2 x PBTL hardware configuration include:
- Stereo Speaker Pair, with left and right channel audio. This can be implemented in one of two ways:
- Send left channel I2S or TDM data to one device and send right channel I2S or TDM data to the other device.
- Or, send both left and right channel to one device and send the post-processed data through the SDOUT pin to the other device.
- 2-Way, Active Crossover Speaker, with one amplifier driving a tweeter and the other driving a woofer.
- Send the same audio channel to both devices and use the DSP in one device for the high-pass filter and the other device for the low-pass filter to form a 2-way, crossover.
- Or, send the audio to one primary device, do the high-pass and low-pass processing in the primary device, and then send either the high-pass or low-pass data only to the other device using the SDOUT pin.