11.1.1 General Guidelines for TAS3251
Audio amplifiers which incorporate switching output stages require special attention to the device layout and supporting component layout. The system level performance, including electromagnetic compliance (EMC), device reliability and audio performance are all affected by the layout. See the section Layout Examples for layout recommendations based on amplifier output configuration. The list below provides general guidelinese to follow when placing components and routing.
- Use an unbroken ground plan for low impedance and low inductance return path to the power supply for power and audio signals.
- Keep the routing between the DAC and the amplifier inputs as short as possible. Maintain good grounding around these traces to prevent noise.
- The small bypass capacitors on the PVDD lines should be placed as close to the PVDD pins as possible.
- Reference all bypass and decoupling components to the TAS3251 ground by connecting the ground of the component directly to the ground of the device.
- Maintain a contiguous ground plane from the ground pins to the PCB area surrounding the device for as many ground pins as possible. This will help conduct heat through the pins of the package.