|Package | Pins SOIC (D) | 8|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 75 | TUBE|
Features for the THVD1500
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of the TIA/EIA-485A Standard and the State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) Part 11 Serial Communication Protocol RS-485 Standard
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V Supply Voltage
- Half-Duplex RS-422/RS-485
- Bus I/O Protection
- ± 16 kV HBM ESD
- ± 8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- ± 10 kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap Discharge
- ± 2 kV IEC 61000-4-4 Fast Transient Burst
- Extended Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to 125°C
- Large Receiver Hysteresis for Noise Rejection
- Low Standby Supply Current: < 1 µA
- Quiescent During Operation: < 660 µA
- Glitch-Free Power-Up/Down for Hot Plug-in Capability
- Open, Short, and Idle Bus Failsafe
- 1/8 Unit Load Options (Up to 256 Bus Nodes)
- Low EMI 500 kbps
Description for the THVD1500
THVD1500 is a robust half-duplex RS-485 transceiver for industrial applications. The bus pins are immune to high levels of IEC Contact Discharge ESD events eliminating need of additional system level protection components.
The device operates from a single 5-V supply. The wide common-mode voltage range and low input leakage on bus pins make THVD1500 suitable for multi-point applications over long cable runs.
THVD1500 is available in industry standard 8-pin SOIC package for drop-in compatibility. The device is characterized from –40°C to 125°C.