|Package | PIN:||VSSOP (DGK) | 8|
|Temp:||S (0 to 125)|
- Accurately Senses Die Temperature of Remote ICs or Diode Junctions
- Offset Register Allows Sensing a Variety of Thermal Diodes Accurately
- On-Board Local Temperature Sensing
- 10-Bit Plus Sign Remote Diode Temperature Data Format, 0.125°C Resolution
- T_CRIT_A Output Useful for System Shutdown
- ALERT Output Supports SMBus 2.0 Protocol
- SMBus 2.0 Compatible Interface, Supports TIMEOUT
- 8-Pin VSSOP and SOIC Packages
- Supply Voltage 3.0V to 3.6V
- Supply Current 0.8mA (typ)
- Local Temp Accuracy (includes quantization error)
- TA=25°C to 125°C, ±3.0°C (max)
- Remote Diode Temp Accuracy (includes quantization error)
- TA=30°C, TD=80°C, ±0.75°C (max)
- TA=30°C to 50°C, TD=60°C to 100°C, ±1.0°C (max)
- TA=0°C to 85°C, TD=25°C to 125°C, ±3.0°C (max)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM86CIMMX/NOPB
The LM86 is an 11-bit digital temperature sensor with a 2-wire System Management Bus (SMBus) serial interface. The LM86 accurately measures its own temperature as well as the temperature of an external device, such as processor thermal diode or diode connected transistor such as the 2N3904. The temperature of any ASIC can be accurately determined using the LM86 as long as a dedicated diode (semiconductor junction) is available on the target die. The LM86 remote sensor accuracy of ±0.75°C is factory trimmed for the 1.008 typical nonideality factor of the mobile Pentium III thermal diode. The LM86 has an Offset register to allow measuring other diodes without requiring continuous software management. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the latest data for new processors.
Activation of the ALERT output occurs when any temperature goes outside a preprogrammed window set by the HIGH and LOW temperature limit registers or exceeds the T_CRIT temperature limit. Activation of the T_CRIT_A occurs when any temperature exceeds the T_CRIT programmed limit. The LM86 is pin and register compatible with the the Analog Devices ADM1032 and Maxim MAX6657/8.