Temperature sensors for any need
Easy and accurate temperature monitoring and protection
Our temperature sensors accelerate your design process by reducing hardware and software complexity over discrete sensors such as NTC thermistors or platinum RTDs and will help you innovate with high accuracy, low power consumption and small and flexible packaging options.
Single & multi-channel temperature sensors with I2C, SPI, UART or simple pulse count interfaces
- ±0.2°C accuracy
- Programmable thresholds
- Standard interfaces
Highly linear and accurate voltage output temperature sensors
- Linear output
- Zero calibration
Simplify over and under temperature detection with programmable trip points and integrated hysteresis
- Temperature threshold detection
- Built-in hysterisis
- Multiple programming options
Small-sized linear positive temperature coefficient thermistors (PCT) designed for temperature measurement, protection, compensation and control systems
- Enhanced linearity
- More consistent sensitivity
- Tiny 0.6mm x 1.0mm X1SON package
Featured temperature sensors
Our industrial sensor portfolio offers a wide range of temperature sensors, from simplistic protection to ultra-high precision temperature compensation. Our diverse portfolio ranges from highly linear thermistors and analog temperature sensors to fully integrated digital temperature sensors with Class AA RTD level accuracy.
- Electronic thermometers - ±0.1ᵒC digital temperature sensors to meet ASTM E1112 and ISO 80601 requirements for clinical thermometers
- PLC controllers - monitor and protect critical components such as processors and FPGAs and provide precision cold junction compensation for analog input
- Gas meters - the metrology subsystem of a gas meter measures the flow of gas through a conduit. Compensating for temperature changes within the pipe increases the accuracy of the volumetric flow
Our automotive temperature sensors help protect against temperature damage due to over or under temperatures and allow for high-accuracy temperature measurement for improved regulation and performance. These devices can be used in precision voltage and current for high-accuracy calibration over the full temperature range of your application.
- Front cameras – communicate directly with the ADAS processor via I2C/SMBUS and closely monitor the supervisor MCU's temperature
- Headlights – Remote temperature sensors can sense the temperature locally at the LED driving module and remotely on the LED board
- DC-DC converter – analog temperature sensors qualified for AEC-Q100 grade 1 or grade 0 maintain the health of the power transistors to protect the conversion of energy from the batteries to the car systems
Our temperature sensors play a vital role in personal electronics where small-size and ultra-low power is critical. These temperature sensors are easily integrated in a wide varied of applications helping enhance system performance and reliability.
- Wearables - our temperature sensors are the industry’s smallest size and lowest power ideal for nearly any battery-powered device including smart watch, fitness band, running watch, earbuds and AR/VR
- Solid state drives - our temperature sensors' ultra-small footprint allows them to fit in any SSD form factors, and is up to 10x more accurate than a memory controller's integrated temperature sensor
- Wireless speakers - the linearity and high-accuracy of our temperature sensors enhance audio quality by accurately detecting junction temperature of audio amplifiers
Build your expertise with TI Precision Labs - Temperature Sensors
Check out this comprehensive curriculum for digital and analog temperature sensors, temperature switches and PTC thermistors. Lectures include discussions of temperature sensor error and repeatability, sensitivity and gain, and recommended operating points.
Temperature monitoring and protection e-book
With over 40 years' experience helping customers optimize their temperature monitoring and protection designs, we've developed a comprehensive e-book covering six unique application challenges involving unique sensor placement and routing considerations. In the Temperature Monitoring and Protection e-book you will learn the design fundamentals of temperature sensing in real-world applications. The application notes and reference designs provide support and deep insights about the sensor selection process and the considerations required for optimal temperature response.
- Fundamentals of temperature sensing
- System temperature monitoring
- Ambient temperature monitoring
- Temperature threshold detection
- Temperature compensation and calibration
- Body temperature monitoring
- Fluid temperature monitoring