|Package | PIN:||TSSOP (PW) | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- I2C to Parallel Port Expander
- Open-Drain Active-Low Interrupt Output
- Active-Low Reset Input
- 5-V Tolerant Input and Output Ports
- Compatible With Most Microcontrollers
- 400-kHz Fast I2C Bus
- Polarity Inversion Register
- Internal Power-on-Reset
- No Glitch on Power Up
- Address by Two Hardware Address Pins for Use of up to Four Devices
- Latched Outputs for Directly Driving LEDs
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100-mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TCA9539QPWRQ1
The TCA9539-Q1 is a 24-pin device that provides 16 bits of generalpurpose parallel input and output (I/O) expansion for the two-line bidirectionalI2C bus (or SMBus protocol). The device can operate with a power supplyvoltage (VCC) range from 1.65 V to 3.6 V. The device supports 100-kHz(I2C Standard mode) and 400-kHz (I2C Fastmode) clock frequencies. I/O expanders such as the TCA9539-Q1 provide a simple solution whenadditional I/Os are needed for switches, sensors, push-buttons, LEDs, fans, and other similardevices.
The features of the TCA9539-Q1 include an interrupt that is generated on theINT pin whenever an input port changes state. The A0 and A1 hardwareselectable address pins allow up to four TCA9539-Q1 devices on the sameI2C bus. The device can be reset to its default state by cycling thepower supply and causing a power-on-reset. Also, the TCA9539-Q1 has a hardwareRESET pin that can be used to reset the device to its default state.
The TCA9539-Q1I2C I/O expander is qualified for automotive applications.