|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- VL Pin for Compatibility With Mixed-Voltage Systems
Down to 2.5 V on Logic Side
- Enhanced ESD Protection on RIN Inputs and DOUT Outputs
- ±15-kV Human-Body Model
- ±15-kV IEC 61000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge
- ±8-kV IEC 61000-4-2, Contact Discharge
- Low 300-µA Supply Current
- Specified 250-kbps Data Rate
- 1-µA Low-Power Shutdown
- Meets EIA/TIA-232 Specifications Down to 3 V
- Designed to be Interchangeable With Industry Standard 3386 Devices
- Hand-Held Equipment
- Cell Phones
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Data Cables
Texas Instruments TRS3386ECDWR
The TRS3386E is a three-driver and two-receiver RS-232 interface device, with split supply pins for mixed-signal operations. All RS-232 inputs and outputs are protected to ±15 kV using the IEC 61000-4-2 Air-Gap Discharge method, ±8 kV using the IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge method, and ±15 kV using the Human-Body Model.
The charge pump requires only four small 0.1-µF capacitors for operation from a 3.3-V supply. The TRS3386E is capable of running at data rates up to 250 kbps, while maintaining RS-232-compliant output levels.
The TRS3386E has a unique VL pin that allows operation in mixed-logic voltage systems. Both driver in (DIN) and receiver out (ROUT) logic levels are pin programmable through the VL pin. The TRS3386E is available in a space-saving thin shrink small-outline package (TSSOP).