This reference design implements EnDat 2.2 Master protocol stack and hardware interface based on HEIDENHAIN EnDat 2.2 standard for position or rotary encoders. The design is composed of EnDat 2.2 Master protocol stack, half-duplex communications using RS-485 transceivers and the line termination implemented on the Sitara AM437x industrial development kit. This design is fully tested to meet HEIDENHAIN EnDat 2.2 standard. Along with EnDat position feedback, AM437x IDK is able to support industrial communications and motor drive as described in the AM437x single-chip motor-control design guide.
- Enables you to use EnDat 2.2 encoder interlaces to implement low footprint, low-power single chips in applications such as industrial automation and factory automation
- EnDat 2.2 interface is the technical standard for direct drive technology due to its high resolution, short cycle times, commutation information, long line length support and encoder diagnostics.
- EnDat 2.2 digital technology, simple connection technology and simple voltage supply requirements reduce overall system cost.
- Based on Sitara AM437x processor which supports single-chip motor-control applications and other embedded control and communication applications
- Production-ready development platform sub-system which includes schematics, BOM, user guide, benchmarks, software, demos and more.
- Free board support package and industrial software development kit from TI.
- Sitara AM437x supports a number of industrial communications standards including EtherCAT, Profinet, PROFIBUS, Ethernet/IP, Powerlink and Sercos.