Bluetooth Low Energy software stack
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
- CC2540/41 Bluetooth Low Energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. I)
(PDF 5680 KB)
27 Jan 2020
- CC2640/CC2650 Bluetooth low energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. E)
(PDF 5174 KB)
14 Mar 2018
This royalty-free BLE-Stack for TI’s SimpleLink™ Bluetooth® Low Energy family of ARM® Cortex®-M3 based wireless microcontrollers (MCUs) includes full-featured Bluetooth 4.2 and Bluetooth 5 certified stacks with all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) applications.
- Bluetooth 5 support for 2 Mbps High Speed Mode, Long range Mode (LE coded PHY), Advertising Extensions (AE), Privacy 1.2.1 and Channel Selection Algorithm #2. (BLE5-Stack only)
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and beacon configurations.
- Device Firmware Upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for up to 8 simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support on the CC2650 remote control kit.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Wide range of sample applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market
- Bluetooth qualified design listing to reduce certification test time for Bluetooth 4.2.
- Flexible protocol stack configuration options to maximize application memory.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM® and Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.
TI recommends using the newest release in order to take advantages of all improvements and new features. Previous BLE-Stack releases can be found here.