For additional terms or required resources, click any title below to view the detail page where available.
EVALUATION BOARD Download
DAUGHTER CARD Download
The SmartRF Transceiver Evaluation Board (TrxEB) is intended to be used together with Texas Instruments’ low-power RF transceivers for evaluation, performance testing and software development.
The following transceiver evaluation modules are supported:
- MSP430F5438A microcontroller
- 64x128 pixels serial LCD
- 4 general purpose LEDs
- 5 push-buttons
- 256 kB serial flash
- Three-axis digital accelerometer
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Jumpers for current measurements
- Break-out pins
- Full-speed USB 2.0 interface
- SmartRF Studio Support
INTERFACE ADAPTER Download
These evaluation modules in combination with a motherboard from a CC2500 development kit is designed to help the user to achieve his/hers objectives as quickly as possible.
This evaluation kit includes 2 CC2500EM evaluation modules and antennas. These evaluation modules are add-on daughter (...)
A complete evaluation kit includes:
- 2 CC2500EM evaluation modules
- 2 Antennas
CODE EXAMPLE OR DEMO Download
The purpose of the EM adapter board is to provide an-easy-to-use bridge between any of the TI MCU LaunchPads and the wide variety of TI RF evaluation modules (EM), for instance the CCxxxx Low-Power RF evaluation modules. No specific software is provided, so it is up to the user to write the (...)
- Evaluation Module (EM) connectors supporting all EMs from Texas Instruments
- Dual-row LaunchPad (LP) connectors, allowing stacking of XL BoosterPacks
- USB power supply to support assemblies drawing more current than the LaunchPad is able to source alone
- Buck/boost voltage regulator, allowing any power (...)
SLAC139G.ZIP (3466 KB) CODE EXAMPLE OR DEMO Download
SWRC021F.ZIP (841 KB) DRIVER OR LIBRARY Download
SimpliciTI Compliant Protocol Stack
SIMPLICITI — SimpliciTI is a simple low-power RF network protocol aimed at small RF networks. SimpliciTI was designed for easy implementation and deployment out-of-the-box on several TI RF platforms such as the MSP430 family of low-power MCUs and the CC1XXX/CC25XX/CC430 transceivers and SoCs.
Small RF networks (...)
CALCULATION TOOL Download
- Low power - A TI proprietary low-power network protocol
- Direct device-to-device communication
- Simple star with access point for store and forward to end device
- Range extenders to increase range to 4 hops
- Simple - Utilizes a 5 command API
- Low data rate and low duty cycle
- Application (...)
SmartRF Protocol Packet Sniffer
PACKET-SNIFFER — The SmartRF Packet Sniffer is a PC software application that can display and store radio packets captured by a listening RF device. The capture device is connected to the PC via USB. Various RF protocols are supported. The Packet Sniffer filters and decodes packets and displays them in a convenient (...)
CALCULATION TOOL Download
SMARTRFTM-STUDIO — SmartRF™ Studio is a Windows application that helps designers of RF systems to easily evaluate the radio at an early stage in the design process for all TI CC1xxx and CC2xxx low-power RF devices. It simplifies generation of the configuration register values and commands, as well as practical (...)
DESIGN TOOL Download
- Link tests. Send and Receive packets between nodes.
- Antenna and radiation tests. Set the radio in continuous wave TX and RX states.
- A set of recommended/typical register settings for all devices.
- Read and write individual RF registers.
- Execute individual commands to control the radio.
- Detailed (...)
Hardware design reviews for SimpleLink™ CC2xxx devices
SIMPLELINK-2-4GHZ-DESIGN-REVIEWS — The SimpleLink hardware design review process provides a way to get in touch, one-on-one, with a subject matter expert that can help review your design and provide valuable feedback. A simple 3-step process for requesting a review as well as links to relevant technical documentation and resources (...)
REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
Evaluation Module (EM) Adaptor REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
TIDM-LPBP-EMADAPTER — This BoosterPack kit contains one "EM Adapter BoosterPack". The purpose of the EM adapter board is to provide an-easy-to-use bridge between any of the TI MCU LaunchPads and the vide variety of TI RF evaluation modules (EM), for instance the CCxxxx Low-Power RF evaluation modules. No specific (...)
Battery-Operated Wireless Sensor Monitoring Reference Design REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
TIDM-WIRELESS-SENSORNODE — This design, featuring the ultra-low-power MSP430 MCU paired with a sub-GHz RF transceiver, enables a battery-operated wireless sensor monitoring solution. This design demonstrates both access point and wireless nodes, which can share sensor data wirelessly using a network protocol called (...)