For additional terms or required resources, click any title below to view the detail page where available.
The SmartRF Transceiver Evaluation Board (TrxEB) is intended to be used together with Texas Instruments’ low-power RF transceivers for evaluation, performance testing and software development.
The following transceiver evaluation modules are supported:
- MSP430F5438A microcontroller
- 64x128 pixels serial LCD
- 4 general purpose LEDs
- 5 push-buttons
- 256 kB serial flash
- Three-axis digital accelerometer
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Jumpers for current measurements
- Break-out pins
- Full-speed USB 2.0 interface
- SmartRF Studio Support
These evaluation modules in combination with a motherboard from a CC2500 development kit is designed to help the user to achieve his/hers objectives as quickly as possible.
This evaluation kit includes 2 CC2500EM evaluation modules and antennas. These evaluation modules are add-on daughter (...)
A complete evaluation kit includes:
- 2 CC2500EM evaluation modules
- 2 Antennas
This BoosterPack kit contains one "EM Adapter BoosterPack". The purpose of the EM adapter board is to provide an-easy-to-use bridge between any of the TI MCU LaunchPads and the wide variety of TI RF evaluation modules (EM), for instance the CCxxxx Low-Power RF evaluation modules. No specific (...)
- Evaluation Module (EM) connectors supporting all EMs from Texas Instruments
- Dual-row LaunchPad (LP) connectors, allowing stacking of XL BoosterPacks
- USB power supply to support assemblies drawing more current than the LaunchPad is able to source alone
- Buck/boost voltage regulator, allowing any power (...)
CODE EXAMPLES & DEMOS
SLAC139G.ZIP (3466 KB)
CODE EXAMPLES & DEMOS
SWRC021F.ZIP (841 KB)
DRIVERS & LIBRARIES
SimpliciTI Compliant Protocol Stack
— SimpliciTI is a simple low-power RF network protocol aimed at small RF networks. Such networks typically contain battery operated devices which require long battery life, low data rate and low duty cycle and have a limited number of nodes talking directly to each other or through an access point or (...)
- Low power - A TI proprietary low-power network protocol
- Direct device-to-device communication
- Simple star with access point for store and forward to end device
- Range extenders to increase range to 4 hops
- Simple - Utilizes a 5 command API
- Low data rate and low duty cycle
- Application (...)
Design tools & simulation
SmartRF Protocol Packet Sniffer
SmartRF Packet Sniffer 2
SmartRF Packet Sniffer 2 includes software and firmware to capture and display over-the-air packets. The capture device is connected to the PC via USB. SmartRF Packet Sniffer 2 supports the CC13xx and CC26xx family of devices as capture device and uses Wireshark for packet (...)
— SmartRF™ Studio is a Windows application that can be used to evaluate and configure Low Power RF devices from Texas Instruments. The application helps designers of RF systems to easily evaluate the radio at an early stage in the design process. It is especially useful for generation of (...)
- Link tests. Send and Receive packets between nodes.
- Antenna and radiation tests. Set the radio in continuous wave TX and RX states.
- A set of recommended/typical register settings for all devices.
- Read and write individual RF registers.
- Execute individual commands to control the radio.
- Detailed (...)
Hardware design reviews for SimpleLink™ CC2xxx devices
— To get started with the SimpleLink 2.4GHz hardware design review process:
- Step 1: Before requesting a review, it is important that to review the technical documentation and design & development resources available on the corresponding product page (see CC2xxx product page links below).
- Step 2: Fill out (...)
Evaluation Module (EM) Adaptor
— This BoosterPack kit contains one "EM Adapter BoosterPack". The purpose of the EM adapter board is to provide an-easy-to-use bridge between any of the TI MCU LaunchPads and the vide variety of TI RF evaluation modules (EM), for instance the CCxxxx Low-Power RF evaluation modules. No specific (...)
Battery-Operated Wireless Sensor Monitoring Reference Design
— This design, featuring the ultra-low-power MSP430 MCU paired with a sub-GHz RF transceiver, enables a battery-operated wireless sensor monitoring solution. This design demonstrates both access point and wireless nodes, which can share sensor data wirelessly using a network protocol called (...)