OPC UA is an industrial machine-to-machine protocol designed to allow interoperability and communication between all machines connected under Industry 4.0. This reference design demonstrates use of the Matrikon OPC™ OPC UA server development kit (SDK) to allow communications using an OPC UA data access (DA) server running embedded in a project or design. The OPC UA DA deals with real-time data and is best suited for industrial automation applications where time is an important aspect of the data. A reference OPC UA server implementation is provided that accesses the GPIO capabilities of the AM572x IDK. The reference code can be extended to provide an OPC UA interface to any data the AM572x IDK board can access including data acquired through Profibus, RS-485, CAN bus and industrial Ethernet-based protocols such as EtherCAT™ or PROFINET™ using the Programmable Real-time Unit Industrial Communication Subsystems (PRU-ICSS).
- Fully-embedded OPC UA server running on Sitara AM57x processor
- Matrikon OPC UA SDK R100 and sample OPC UA server (demo version is time-limited to two hours)
- Linux operating environment through Processor-SDK-Linux
- Control GPIO read/write over TCP/IP from OPC UA sample client with GUI
- Tested on the TMDXIDK5728 board and includes documentation, software, demo appliaction and hardware design files