The enhanced Capture (ECAP) module can be used for:
- Sample rate measurements of audio inputs
- Speed measurements of rotating machinery (for example, toothed sprockets sensed via Hall sensors)
- Elapsed time measurements between position sensor pulses
- Period and duty cycle measurements of pulse train signals
- Decoding current or voltage amplitude derived from duty cycle encoded current/voltage sensors.
For more information, see Enhanced Capture (ECAP) Module section in Peripherals chapter in the device TRM.