DLP® NIRscan Nano Evaluation Module
- Optimizing the DLP® Spectrometer Signal Chain
(PDF 4167 KB)
14 Sep 2016 733 views
- Flexible Trade-offs in Maximizing SNR and Res. in TI DLP® Tech. Based Spec. Sys.
(PDF 1368 KB)
01 Aug 2016 155 views
- DLP NIRscan Nano EVM (Rev. G)
(PDF 8543 KB)
03 Aug 2017 4,120 views
The DLP NIRscan Nano is a compact battery-operated evaluation module (EVM) for portable near-infrared spectroscopy solutions. Featuring the DLP2010NIR digital micromirror device (DMD), the NIRscan Nano supports Bluetooth low energy to enable mobile lab measurements for hand-held spectrometers. The EVM incorporates the DLP2010NIR DMD, a diffraction grating, and a single element detector to replace expensive InGaAs linear array-based detector designs. With its TI Tiva™ TM4C1297NCZAD processor, databases in the cloud can be leveraged through cellular networks for real-time lab equivalent analytics, which allow food or skin analysis and wearable health monitor solutions. Developers can also create their own data collection and analysis through innovative iOS and Android applications.
Learn more about Spectroscopy.
Cables and power supply sold separately.
|Mobile Sensing EVM||High Performance EVM|
|Key Features||DLP NIRscan Nano||DLP NIRscan|
|Evaluation Module (EVM) Usage||Battery||Benchtop/Portable|
|Featured Digital Micromirror Device||DLP2010NIR||DLP4500NIR|
Micromirror Array Size (pixels)
|854 x 480||912 x 1140|
|Micromirror Pixel Pitch (µm)||5.4||7.6|
|Micromirror Tilt Angle (degrees)||+/-17||+/-12|
|EVM Wavelength Range||900-1700nm||1350-2490nm|
|EVM Spectral Resolution||10nm||12nm|
|EVM Max Scan Speed (kHz)||2.88||4|
|EVM Signal-to-Noise Ratio||
- Spectrometer optical engine featuring DLP2010NIR DMD
- Single-element extended InGaAs detector
- Driver electronics featuring DLPC150 DMD controller and Tiva ™ TM4C1297NCZAD processor
- Reflective sampling module with 2 tungsten lamps
- Power supply/battery, and cables sold separately
Texas Instruments provides free software and firmware downloads to give developers flexibility and advanced control of the DLP NIRscan Nano. In addition, the reference design documentation allows customers to develop custom products based on the DLP2010NIR chipset included in the NIRscan Nano.
- DLP NIRscan Nano GUI: This software bundle includes the executable and source files for the PC-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) for easy communication with the DLP NIRscan Nano. The source files were developed using the QT Library v5.4.2 and QT Creator v3.4.1
- DLP NIRscan Nano Reference Software: This software bundle includes the firmware binaries and source for the TI Tiva embedded processor. It also includes the TI Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) that is required for compilation. This is necessary to upgrade your NIRscan Nano's firmware from a previous version or develop new firmware based on this reference.
- DLP Spectrum Library: This software bundle includes the DLP Spectrum Library sources, which provides functions for processing the raw data output from the NIRscan Nano. This library is used in the embedded Tiva firmware and the GUI. Development of additional applications to interface with the NIRscan Nano will likely require this library.
|DLP NIRscan Nano GUI - Windows||Active||1.1.9||9/24/2015||Download|
|DLP NIRscan Nano Reference Software||Active||1.1.8||9/24/2015||Download|
|DLP Spectrum Library||Active||1.1.5||9/24/2015||Download|
|DLPC150 Configuration and Support Firmware||Active||1.1||9/11/2015||Download|
|DLP Spectrum Library Installer for Mac OS||Active||2.0.2||4/29/2016||Download|
|DLP Spectrum Library Installer||Active||2.0.3||5/24/2017||Download|
|DLP NIRscan Nano GUI (Windows)||Active||2.1.0||5/24/2017||Download|
|DLP NIRscan Nano Reference Software||Active||2.1.0||5/24/2017||Download|
|DLPC150 Configuration and Support Firmware||Active||2.0.0||4/29/2016||Download|