|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrated 7-mΩ High-Side and 4.3-mΩ Low-Side FET Switches
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Adjustable Output Voltage From 0.6 V to VIN (100% Duty Cycle Capable), ±1% Reference
- Input Voltage Range 2.95 V to 5.5 V
- 500-kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Start-up Into Prebiased Loads
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- Wide Bandwidth Voltage Loop Error Amplifier
- Adjustable Soft Start With External Capacitor
- Precision Enable Pin With Hysteresis
- Integrated OVP, OTP, UVLO, and Power-Good
- Thermally Enhanced 20-Pin HTSSOP Exposed Pad Package
- Create a custom design using the LM21215 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM21215MH/NOPB
The LM21215 is a monolithic synchronous point of load buck regulator that is capable ofdelivering up to 15 A of continuous output current while producing an output voltage down to 0.6 Vwith outstanding efficiency. The device is optimized to work over an input voltage range of 2.95 Vto 5.5 V, making it suited for a wide variety of low voltage systems. The voltage mode control loopprovides high noise immunity, narrow duty cycle capability and can be compensated to be stable withany type of output capacitance, providing maximum flexibility and ease of use.
The LM21215 features internal overvoltage protection (OVP) and resistor-programmableovercurrent protection (OCP) for increased system reliability. A precision enable pin andintegrated UVLO allow turnon of the device to be tightly controlled and sequenced. Startup inrushcurrents are limited by both an internally fixed and externally adjustable soft-start circuit.Fault detection and supply sequencing are possible with the integrated power good circuit.
The LM21215 is designed to work well in multi-rail power supply architectures. Theoutput voltage of the device can be configured to track an external voltage rail using the SS/TRKpin. If the output is prebiased at start-up, it will not sink current, allowing the output tosmoothly rise past the prebiased voltage. The regulator is offered in a 20-pin HTSSOP package withan exposed pad that can be soldered to the PCB, eliminating the need for bulky heat sinks.