|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
94 | TUBE
- PowerWise™ Step-Down Controller
- 6-V to 42-V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Adjustable Output Voltage Down to 0.6 V
- Programmable Switching Frequency up to 1 MHz
- No Loop Compensation Required
- Fully WEBENCH® Enabled
- Low External Component Count
- Constant On-Time (COT) Control
- Ultra-Fast Transient Response
- Stable With Low ESR Capacitors
- Output Voltage PreBias Startup
- Valley Current Limit
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM3150 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
Texas Instruments LM3150MH/NOPB
The LM3150 SIMPLE SWITCHER® controller is an easy-to-use and simplified step-down power controller capable of providing up to 12 A of output current in a typical application. Operating with an input voltage range of 6 V to 42 V, the LM3150 controller features an adjustable output voltage down to 0.6 V. The switching frequency is adjustable up to 1 MHz and the synchronous architecture provides for highly efficient designs. The LM3150 controller employs a constant on-time (COT) architecture with a proprietary emulated ripple mode (ERM) control that allows for the use of low ESR output capacitors, which reduces overall solution size and output voltage ripple. The COT regulation architecture allows for fast transient response and requires no loop compensation, which reduces external component count and reduces design complexity.
Fault protection features such as thermal shutdown, undervoltage lockout, overvoltage protection, short-circuit protection, current limit, and output voltage prebias start-up allow for a reliable and robust solution.
The LM3150 concept provides for an easy-to-use complete design using a minimum number of external components and TI’s WEBENCH online design tool. WEBENCH provides design support for every step of the design process and includes features such as external component calculation with a new MOSFET selector, electrical simulation, thermal simulation, and Build-It boards for prototyping.