|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RUM) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C AmbientOperating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C4B
- Wide VIN Input Range From 1.5 V to 42 V When VOUT ≥ 5 V (65-V Absolute Maximum)
- Low Shutdown Current (IQ ≤ 5 µA)
- Low Standby Current (IQ ≤ 15 µA)
- Four Programmable Output Voltage Options and Two Selectable Configurations
- 6.0 V, 6.5 V, 9.5 V, or 11.5 V
- Start-Stop or E-CallConfigurations
- Adjustable Switching Frequency From 220 kHz to 2.3 MHz
- Automatic Wake-Up and Standby Mode Transition
- Optional Clock Synchronization
- Boost Status Indicator
- 1.5-A Peak MOSFET Gate Driver
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
- 16-Pin WQFN With Wettable Flanks
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM51501-Q1 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM51501QRUMTQ1
The LM51501-Q1 device is a wide input range automatic boost controller. The device can beused to maintain a stable output voltage during automotive cranking from a vehicle battery or froma back-up battery.
The LM51501-Q1 switching frequency is programmed by a resistor from 220 kHz to 2.3 MHz.Fast switching (≥ 2.2-MHz) minimizes AM band interference and allows for a small solution size andfast transient response.
The LM51501-Q1 operates in low IQ standby mode when the input oroutput voltage is above the preset standby thresholds and automatically wakes up when the outputvoltage drops below the preset wake-up threshold.
The device transitions in and out of the low IQ standby mode toextend battery life at light load. A single resistor programs the target output regulation voltageas well as the configuration. Additional features include low shutdown current, boost statusindicator, adjustable cycle-by-cycle current limit, and thermal shutdown. Status indicator can beused to control a circuit to bypass the diode when the part is not boosting in order to reducepower dissipation. In E-call mode, it can be used to control a disconnect switch to protect theback-up-battery.