|Package | PIN:||SOT-23 (DBV) | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.2 V to 16 V
- Output Voltage Range: 1.5 V to 5 V
- Wide Supply Voltage Range (16-V Maximum)
- Output Voltage Accuracy 1% (A Grade)
- Ultra-Low-Dropout Voltage
- Specified 250-mA Output Current
- Stable With Low-ESR Output Capacitor
- < 1-µA Quiescent Current When Shut Down
- Low Ground Pin Current at All Loads
- High Peak Current Capability
- Low ZOUT: 0.3-Ω Typical (10 Hz to 1 MHz)
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection
- −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Smallest Possible Size (SOT-23, WSON Package)
- Requires Minimum External Components
- Custom Voltages Available
Texas Instruments LP2992AIM5-3.3/NOPB
The LP2992 is a 250-mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed to provide ultra-low dropout and low noise in battery-powered applications.
Using an optimized vertically integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2992 delivers unequaled performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs:
- Dropout voltage: Typically 450 mV at 250-mA load, and 5 mV at 1-mA load.
- Ground pin current: Typically 1500 µA at 250-mA load, and 75 µA at 1-mA load.
- Enhanced stability: The LP2992 is stable with output capacitor equivalent series resistance (ESR) as low as 5 mΩ, which allows the use of ceramic capacitors on the output.
- Sleep mode: Less than 1-µA quiescent current when ON/OFF pin is pulled low.
- Smallest possible size: SOT-23 and WSON packages use absolute minimum board space.
- Precision output: 1% tolerance output voltages available (A grade).
- Low noise: By adding a 10-nF bypass capacitor, output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical).
- Multiple voltage options, from 1.5 V to 5 V, are available as standard products. Consult factory for custom voltages.